In the hustle and bustle of our modern-day lives, we often ignore the care of our health. But the truth is nothing is more important than the well-being of a family than individual health. Life in metropolitan cities has an environment that is rife with various health risks and in order to save your most important possession, your health, master health check-ups are required.
A master health check-up is a number of clinical tests utilized to assess the overall health of a person. The master health checkup includes a physical examination ultrasound and laboratory investigations that help evaluate the health of your vital organs and metabolism to identify any early symptoms of diseases to manage individual health better.
What to expect in a BloodOxy Master Health Checkup Basic Package?
There are many measures one can take to prepare for a master health checkup. Your healthcare partner will provide a list of pre-test preparations associated with the check-up to support optimum effectiveness. It is crucial if you notice something unusual about your body, make it a point to discuss it with your doctor before the checkup. A master health checkup test can help detect early signs of a debilitating disease that can be treated accordingly.
This package contains 58 parameters.
It is a preventive health check-up for evaluating the general health status. Periodic preventive health checkups are essential to monitor one's health condition and take corrective action at an early stage. It screens for common health conditions related to liver, thyroid, heart, diabetes, kidney, bone, iron, blood, and urine.
General health checkup tests
The exact tests included in your master health checkups can vary according to your medical history, doctor recommendations, and healthcare partner service provider. But It is recommended that before you can go through any tests, your doctor will ask you a comprehensive list of questions that will give him a brief idea about your general health. These questions can be grouped into:
- Clinical History– If you have taken tests in the past, the results will be updated in your medical records. These tests include pap tests, cholesterol, and blood tests that your doctor will first refer to before ordering any more tests. You will also be asked about your family’s health history to detect any hereditary diseases.
- Lifestyle– As your lifestyle can have a big impact on your health, your doctor will ask you several questions regarding your work-life balance, living conditions, and level of physical activity.
- Normal body functions- Your doctor will ask you questions about your daily functions such as eating, sleeping, and bowel movements.
- Based on the preliminary exam, your doctor will recommend further tests. This general health check-up list includes blood, urine tests, x-rays, and ultrasounds. While the exact tests you will be asked to undergo will depend on your doctor. Here are some tests that are usually administered by physicians as part of the health checkup package.
- A general (preliminary workup) physical exam: This is a basic clinical examination that includes a recording of your weight, height, BMI, and blood pressure measurements.
- Blood tests are an important part of a master health checkup to detect anemia, infections, and the onset of a more debilitating disease.
- Liver and kidney function tests are performed to ensure the proper functioning of the organs and identify any potential diseases that could cause problems if left untreated.
- Blood sugar is tested to identify potential diabetes or prediabetes conditions. This test is very important as early detection can prevent the onset of the disease if you make drastic simple lifestyle changes in the early stages.
- An X-RAY and ECG is taken to monitor vital functions of your heart and lungs your organs in the chest area and the uniformity of the heartbeat. This can help detect signs of dangerous chest/ respiratory infections and cardiac disorders.
- A urine test analysis is done as it is a valuable indicator to assess the overall health providing information relating to metabolic health, renal health, fever, and even cancer!
Benefits of a BloodOxy Master Health Checkup Basic Package?
A master health checkup is essential for every adult over the age of 25. Getting this done periodically can help you live a longer, healthier, and happier life. There are three main reasons why you should ensure you book a master health checkup at the soonest:
- To Review your overall health– The doctor can update your medical records to reflect your current health and consult appropriately which can help manage your health better; having proper medical records is important for reference, should you develop a health condition in the future.
- For detecting early signs of illness– The tests that are included in the master health checkup package can help identify illnesses early before the disease reaches a later stage. This is crucial as detecting diseases early can help you prevent them from getting more focused on lifestyle changes or other preventive steps to improve your health outcome. The doctor will then prescribe the required treatment and medication to nip it in the bud.
- Helps you maintain a good lifestyle– The tests results will give you a complete assessment of your overall health as well as make any changes to your current lifestyle that would help avoid any future health problems.
How to decide which master health checkup is best for you
If you are under 30 and live a healthy well-balanced lifestyle, that is- you refrain from smoking, do not suffer from a serious health condition, and don’t take any prescription medication, you should still get a precautionary master health check-up once every year. If you are a woman, a pap smear test is advisable to rule out any risk of cervical cancer.
An individual in their 30’s and 40’s identified with a recognized medical illness or hospitalization requires a basic physical every 6 months. Women need additional tests to screen for cancers early including a PAP test for cervical cancer and those over the age of 35 should also get a mammogram test to rule out the potential of breast cancer.
If you are over the age of 50 you need to be more assertive about your health. It is best to get a master health checkup every year to err on the side of caution.
After a master health checkup has been done, preventative measures need to be taken to avoid future health issues or treat symptoms of an underlying disease. However, health checks serve the purpose of not just detecting symptoms of illnesses but maintaining your overall health. When you meet your healthcare provider you will receive a general health assessment that the doctor will use as a reference to recommend additional tests. Identifying the problem early will help the prescribed treatment work more effectively. Remember prevention is better than cure!
Sustaining good health goes beyond just getting a master health checkup. It is more important to lead a lifestyle that incorporates more exercise and less bad sugars and processed foods. A recent study shows smoking not only leads to cancer but may also form a tumor. Living a well-rounded, balanced life is the first step towards the prevention of illness.